PAE Homework Assignment 1please complete this before next class
HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT #1
- Buy your textbook (shown in the syllabus) before our next class. Please note that, because our department has changed the course content and seat-time in the classroom, it is not possible for us to use the entire book. Therefore, if you can find a used or photocopied version of the book, that is perfectly okay with me – and you can save yourself some money, too. 🙂
- Become familiar with the PAE section of Profgary.com (Focus on Learning). Check out each of the pages in the “CLASSES/PAE12366” menu column. There is some very useful information there!
Get set up on Canvas and do the Canvas Settings Adjustment assignment, as shown in this video:
- Prepare a 1 to 2 minute self-introduction speech. You can find examples of self-introduction speeches on YouTube. I have also posted a few below. This self-introduction speech (P0) will be given next class and it is a “Pass/Fail” assignment. If you do it–and have a classmate record it on your smartphone–you pass. If you don’t do your self-introduction next class (or get a recording of it), you will fail.. If you don’t do your self-introduction in our next class (or fail to get a recording of it), marks will be deducted from your Participation score.
Please Note: any students who speak for less than half of the minimum time will automatically get a “zero” (0) for the presentation. The minimum time for this presentation (P0) is 60 seconds.
- Have great weekend and see you on Tuesday!
- To see a simple self-introduction from a basic ESL textbook, click here.
- In the following playlist, the first video is an example of a very creative student self-introduction. The other videos are intended more for business people, but they still provide some helpful tips that can be easily adapted for classroom self-introductions. (In the second video, for example, instead of giving the name of your “company,” you could tell the audience what your “major” is instead.)